Колелото на времето

Литературни критики и възхвали. Всичко, което винаги сте искали да знаете за Даниел Стийл и Нора Робъртс, а ви е било срам да попитате :р
Demandred

Post by Demandred » Tue Feb 17, 2004 10:20 pm

Рол-new Spring ver. 2.0 си е в стила на доброто старо време на първите томове на Колелото, така че ти губиш.:P
Sure your parents might think you're a failure
But no one's ever said: "First, let's kill all the tailors"
Don't be a lawyer!

Ghibli
Elder God

Post by Ghibli » Tue Feb 17, 2004 11:19 pm

Мат: цитати дай, цитати, че ме мързи да чета :)
PICARD: Now, are we progressing, Mister La Forge?
LAFORGE: About like you'd expect, sir.
PICARD: Splendid. Splendid. Carry on.

Demandred

Post by Demandred » Tue Feb 17, 2004 11:35 pm

Един приблизителен цитат по памет, който ме задави от смях:

"The pace of the book is so slow that it can only be measured in geological terms". :D

Едно ревю, което щеше да ме задуши от смях:

"For those readers anxiously waiting for the Dark One to lash out with the first fell stroke of the Last Battle, you'll find it here in the Crossroads of Twilight. No, the vast armies of Trollocs and their Eyeless taskmasters don't boil forth from the Blight to overrun the heart of Randland, leaving only carnage and destruction in their wake; instead, in a dazzling and completely unforeseen plot twist, Shai'tan unleashes his legions of weevils against our unsuspecting heroes, and no one's grain is safe. I'm getting chills now just thinking about the brilliance of the move. Just think: weevils in the grain require winnowing, and winnowing cuts down on the profit margins of merchants, and lower profit margins means bankruptcy. I absolutely cannot wait for book 11, where we will surely see the entire economy collapse, and then it's just a small matter to bring this incredible series to a close. The Dark One will be revealed as an evil loan shark, and he'll break free from the Central Bank of Shayol Ghul and repossess every palace, dress-shop, and circus on the continent. I just hope Cadsuane can teach Rand some creative re-financing options before the situation becomes hopeless.

Some other notable developments:

The quality of tea has really taken a nosedive since the early books in the series, and it's starting to negatively impact the morale of our heroes. After all, what's the upside of fighting off pure evil if you can't even get a decent cup of tea when you're pregnant and temperamental?

The Dark One inappropriately touches one of his minions. I'm expecting a sexual harassment lawsuit in the next volume.

Hundreds of dresses are described in such intricate detail that I was able to sew exact replicas. I'm wearing one right now, in fact. For hundreds of other patterns, you can shop at wheeloftimewardrobe.com.

We are introduced to the riveting social intricacies of the gai'shain laundering subculture.

Perrin gets bored with his own plotline and breaks out of character for a minute before returning to form.

Woolheads battle ninnies and hilarity ensues. Braid tugging is on the wane. Someone sniffs. "

Едно ревю с 5 звезди оценка, което най-вероятно е гавра(надявам се да е, защото иначе писалият го съвсем е загубил връзка с реалността):

"After reading naive and misinformed review after review, I can't help but laugh. I laugh because book 10 is by far the most rewarding, intricate, gorgeous ballet of physics, fantasy, and storytelling that this genre has ever seen. The color of an Aes Sedai's clothing. . . the deliciously complicated Elayne taking stock of a life that defies description. . . the suspense of the political intrigue (one gets the impression that today's leaders use these stories as a model for their own complex webs of political doings). This book takes fantasy to a different plane of esoteric thought, and is easily misunderstood by those who are not capable of such intellectual magnitude. You want "action": go rent a Vin Diesel movie. RJ has never pretended to be in the business of "fast food" literature. Instant gratification is for simpletons, and if you aren't capable of understanding this work of genius-don't read it! You taint the story and it's brilliance with your petty, short-sighted whining. MORE Mr. Jordan! No pace is too slow when every word is so graceful. Thank you from this loyal reader and shame on those who cannot see true beauty. . . true genius. The Wheel of Time? Indeed. "
Don't be a lawyer!

Roland
Site Admin

Post by Roland » Wed Feb 18, 2004 1:06 pm

Мат, добрите традиции на Колелото не могат да спасят сюжета от факта, че ме занимава цяла книга с оная дебилизирана рибарка и Моарейн, при това в момент ПРЕДИ изобщо дап очне историята. Не ми трябва "Нинив и Егвийн в Кулата - ver 2.0", сори, нито свалката между Лан и Моарейн ме влече...
And you can't dance with a devil on your back...

Moridin
Global Moderator

Post by Moridin » Fri Feb 20, 2004 5:55 pm

Мвахаха, ревютата са просто неконтролируеми :lol:
This is it. Ground zero.

Ghibli
Elder God

Post by Ghibli » Fri Feb 20, 2004 10:50 pm

Да, благодаря за пействането :)

My favourite:
We are introduced to the riveting social intricacies of the gai'shain laundering subculture.
Last edited by Ghibli on Fri Feb 20, 2004 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Demandred

Post by Demandred » Fri Feb 20, 2004 10:55 pm

Знам аз какво да избера.:P
Don't be a lawyer!

raff
Scholar

Post by raff » Thu May 13, 2004 10:34 pm

аз сега започнах да чета Колелото и до тук съм с добри впечатления. е, едва втората книга, но.... :)надявам се че няма да се разочаровам. а за "песен за огън и лед"...това е наистина велика поредица. прочетох книгите на един дъх. и наистина ме впечатлиха. защо сега трябва да чакам 4-тата.нямам търпение да видя какво ще стане :))
и да знаете че съм начинаеща във форума. щадете ме :))
All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us

Mushu
Aes Sedai

Post by Mushu » Fri May 14, 2004 9:50 am

Абе, Раф, ти случайно да си сестра ми, бе???Що не се обаждаш, че си се присъединила, а? :D А за Колелото ти казах, че ще говорим пак като прочетеш поне до шеста книга.

raff
Scholar

Post by raff » Fri May 14, 2004 3:21 pm

аз съм, аз съм :)) кога да се обадя като вчера се регнах :))

Ghibli
Elder God

Post by Ghibli » Sat May 15, 2004 7:48 pm

Радвам ви се просто :)))
Здрасти на новия юзър и да знаеш, че не хапем. Е, единият от админите е изверг, но иначе...

Edit: шегувам се. Не ме бийте.
Last edited by Ghibli on Sat May 15, 2004 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Roland
Site Admin

Post by Roland » Sat May 15, 2004 8:10 pm

Стига де, нищо толкова му няма на Мор, свястно момче е...

raff
Scholar

Post by raff » Sun May 16, 2004 2:37 pm

аве, аз винаги съм искала да си говоря с компетентни хора за книги :) този форум доказва,че четенето на книги хич не е остаряло, а това ме радва, защото ми е писнало да ме гледат като извънземна като кажа,че обожам да чета и се ядосвам, че нямам време. тук поне мога да си говоря за това на воля :D thanks :P

Roland
Site Admin

Post by Roland » Sun May 16, 2004 2:49 pm

Always welcome ;)

Dilvish the Damned
Paragon

Post by Dilvish the Damned » Sun May 16, 2004 3:23 pm

Raff, определено си попаднала на правилното място.