Джо Аберкромби

Литературни критики и възхвали. Всичко, което винаги сте искали да знаете за Даниел Стийл и Нора Робъртс, а ви е било срам да попитате :р
Claymore
Ascendent

Post by Claymore » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:17 pm

Ами и така да е, пак Джо Пеши не става.

The Dragon
Elder God

Post by The Dragon » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:21 pm

Прочетох The Heroes. Определено добро завръщане след неубедителната Best Served Cold. Единственото което наистина не ми хареса е как Аберкомби упорито настоява да рециклира Шивърс във всяка книга.
The sinking of the Titanic was a miracle to the lobsters in the ship's kitchen.

Trip

Post by Trip » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:26 pm

Дани, на мен ли така ми се струва или ги четеш по книга на ден-два? :shock:

The Dragon
Elder God

Post by The Dragon » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:43 pm

Trip wrote:Дани, на мен ли така ми се струва или ги четеш по книга на ден-два? :shock:
Откакто съм с киндъла съм средно по книга на ден.

Trip

Post by Trip » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:22 pm

Баси, всички само ме надъхвате за тая машинка!...........

Moridin
Global Moderator

Post by Moridin » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:57 pm

и аз съм така :(((
This is it. Ground zero.

Claymore
Ascendent

Post by Claymore » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:20 pm

The Dragon wrote:
Trip wrote:Дани, на мен ли така ми се струва или ги четеш по книга на ден-два? :shock:
Lucky-ass nigga! :o :(

F242
Sorcerer

Post by F242 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:51 pm

Claymore47_Fen wrote:
The Dragon wrote:
Lucky-ass nigga! :o :(
Защо си мисля, че това не е стилът на форума на Shadowdance.
Чудесно е че четеш, добре е че си активен, но подобни емоционални изригвания, си плачат за модератор.
Имаше подобни изцепки и в други теми - тогава не направих забележка- но разбирам, че съм сгрешил.
"The vulgar think the God by analogy to man and so worship Him in the form of the Gods. The learned think the God by analogy to principles and so worship Him in the form of Love or Truth. But the wise think the God not at all. They know that thought, which is finite, can only do violence to the God, who is infinite. It is enough, they say, that the God thinks them."

raylight
Sorcerer

Post by raylight » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:07 am

Мисля, че ви убягва контекста на жаргона, ползван от колегата :lol:
В традициите вграждаме себе си – ценностите си, светогледа си, паметта си, мъдростта си, себе си жертваме, за да предадем своите познания, но и страхове на бъдещите поколения през хилядолетията.

raylight
Sorcerer

Post by raylight » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:49 pm

Култови герои има в Първия закон между другото. Глокта е голям :lol:
В традициите вграждаме себе си – ценностите си, светогледа си, паметта си, мъдростта си, себе си жертваме, за да предадем своите познания, но и страхове на бъдещите поколения през хилядолетията.

Claymore
Ascendent

Post by Claymore » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:06 am

Глокта ми е баш любимеца. Няма такъв пич. Много ме кефят саркастичните му забележки когато си говори наум.

The Dragon
Elder God

Post by The Dragon » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:49 am

Spoiler: show
Добре де - ясно е след края на Heroes че Баяз нарушава и двата закона. Да не би Аберкромби да го подготвя като злодей за следващата трилогия?

raylight
Sorcerer

Post by raylight » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:35 pm

Claymore47_Fen wrote:Глокта ми е баш любимеца. Няма такъв пич. Много ме кефят саркастичните му забележки когато си говори наум.
И Кървавият Девет не му остстъпва по акъл :)

raylight
Sorcerer

Post by raylight » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:07 pm

Патрик Ротфус има много добро мнение за Първият Закон :)

The books are good, really good. They pulled me in. Well-developed world. Unique, compelling characters. I like them so much that when I got to the end of the second book and found out the third book wasn’t going to be out in the US for another three months. I experienced a fit of rage, then a fit of depression, then I ate some lunch and had a bit of a lay down.

When I got up, I remembered that Joe and I share a publisher over in the UK. So, in my first ever attempt at using my newfound published-author powers, I e-mailed my editor over in England and begged them to send me the third book. I mean I *asked* them to. In a suave and sophisticated way.

I don’t believe in spoilers. So don’t I’m not going to give anything away. But I will say that the third book tied up the series quite nicely.

I will also say this. This isn’t some cookie-cutter fantasy. It’s refreshingly realistic, but also very gritty and dark. It might even be fair to call it grim. You have been warned.

И за Мъглороден:

« PSA – Why You Shouldn’t Vote.
It is coming…. »
Published: October 14, 2008
What should I do #11: Two Trilogies Better Than Mine.

Well, that’s a matter of opinion, I suppose. But one fact is indisputable, these two trilogies have something going for them that mine doesn’t. Both of them are already complete. That’s right, you can have all three books right now.

Both are by newish authors that you might not have run into yet. The first is Joe Abercrombie’s First Law series.

I feel a certain kinship with Joe, which partially stems from the fact that in April, both our books were nominated for the Compton Crook award. Then, in August, we were both denied our rightful positions as winners of the award. Or rather, I was denied my rightful position as winner, and Joe was denied taking runner-up by a narrow, narrow margin.

The books are good, really good. They pulled me in. Well-developed world. Unique, compelling characters. I like them so much that when I got to the end of the second book and found out the third book wasn’t going to be out in the US for another three months. I experienced a fit of rage, then a fit of depression, then I ate some lunch and had a bit of a lay down.

When I got up, I remembered that Joe and I share a publisher over in the UK. So, in my first ever attempt at using my newfound published-author powers, I e-mailed my editor over in England and begged them to send me the third book. I mean I *asked* them to. In a suave and sophisticated way.

I don’t believe in spoilers. So don’t I’m not going to give anything away. But I will say that the third book tied up the series quite nicely.

I will also say this. This isn’t some cookie-cutter fantasy. It’s refreshingly realistic, but also very gritty and dark. It might even be fair to call it grim. You have been warned.

The second trilogy I’m going to talk about is Brandon Sanderson’s Mistborn. Some of you might recognize his name because I’ve mentioned him here before. Or you might know of him because Brandon is the author who’s been brought on board to finish Robert Jordan’s Wheel of Time series.

The Mistborn books are set in a fascinating world different from any fantasy I’ve run into before. He’s got a good grip on character and story, and his magic system is unlike anything I’ve ever run into before either. He makes it very solid and logical, while still leaving room for cleverness and mystery.

The third book of the trilogy: The Hero of Ages, comes out today. So you won’t be left hanging no matter how fast you read.

The truth is, Brandon’s books are so good that they’re starting to piss me off. I don’t mind that he’s a good writer. But he writes way, way faster than me. That makes me look like a chump

http://blog.patrickrothfuss.com/2008/10 ... trilogies/

Claymore
Ascendent

Post by Claymore » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:56 pm

Не мога да разбера КАКВО , мамка му е нарисувано на лимитед едишъните на Първият закон! http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_FIl9XUuCwYY/T ... imited.jpg
Тоя там с шапката и палтото Глокта ли трябва да е, т'ва долу Дагоска ли е??!!