Орсън Скот Кард унищожава Роулинг на сайта си

Литературни критики и възхвали. Всичко, което винаги сте искали да знаете за Даниел Стийл и Нора Робъртс, а ви е било срам да попитате :р
Demandred

Post by Demandred » Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:26 pm

Orson Scott Card wrote:But because the opposite is true -- I think no ill of and wish no harm to homosexuals, individually or as a group
Right... :roll:
Orson Scott Card wrote:The dark secret of homosexual society -- the one that dares not speak its name -- is how many homosexuals first entered into that world through a disturbing seduction or rape or molestation or abuse, and how many of them yearn to get out of the homosexual community and live normally.

It's that desire for normality, that discontent with perpetual adolescent sexuality, that is at least partly behind this hunger for homosexual "marriage."
Orson Scott Card wrote:How long before married people answer the dictators thus: Regardless of law, marriage has only one definition, and any government that attempts to change it is my mortal enemy. I will act to destroy that government and bring it down, so it can be replaced with a government that will respect and support marriage, and help me raise my children in a society where they will expect to marry in their turn.
Orson Scott Card wrote:Laws against homosexual behavior should remain on the books, not to be indiscriminately enforced against anyone who happens to be caught violating them, but to be used when necessary to send a clear message to those who flagrantly violate society's regulation of sexual behavior cannot be permitted to remain as acceptable, equal citizens within that society.
The goal of the polity is not to put homosexuals in jail. The goal is to discourage people from engaging in homosexual practices in the first place, and when they nevertheless proceed in their homosexual behavior, to encourage them to do so discreetly, so as not to shake the confidence of the community in the polity's ability to provide rules for safe, stable, dependable marriage and family relationships.
Не, наистина, как е могъл въобще някой да си помисли, че човекът има нещо против хомосексуалните... :roll:
Sure your parents might think you're a failure
But no one's ever said: "First, let's kill all the tailors"
Don't be a lawyer!

Dr. Horrible
Forsaken

Post by Dr. Horrible » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:41 pm

Аз въобще не го знам този кой е, но прочетох статията му за Роулинг отпреди 1000 години и дори само от нея си личи, че е завистлив и озлобен човек. Жалко, че нямам нервите и търпението да се разтърся да проверя какво е написал след победата й.
But goddamn,
you got me in love again

Trip

Post by Trip » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:22 pm

Глупости, въобще не е завистлив и озлобен. Просто не е в час на втория етаж.

Vash
Paragon

Post by Vash » Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:03 pm

Абе...
Still, writing an essay is not the same as getting it published, and I didn't think anyone would be willing to publish Elaine's little rant. For one thing, in 1986 Card was more than just a popular writer; he was also a deft political animal. He was in fact a high mucky-muck in SFWA, and word was that bad things happened to people who got on his bad side. Not necessarily Italian mob style bad things, but bad things like not having a chance at awards yourself and publishers shunning you.

Earlier I said that there was a sense that bad things happen to people who cross Orson Scott Card. A few months after the FR article appeared and the mini-shitstorm spent itself, Elaine got an invitation to appear as a guest at a local science fiction convention. The invite specifically mentioned "doing something about all this Fascism in science fiction." She wasn't really sure about it, so she asked me to go with her.

So we drove to a nearby city and did the honored guest thing, drinking the free booze and eating the free munchies throughout the day. The culmination of the evening was a party in Robert Adams' suite. I had never heard of Adams, but he wrote a fairly popular manly-man rape & pillage fantasy series called "Horseclans." He was there with another SF writer whose name you would recognize less from his SF than from a popular column he wrote for a computer magazine.

As Admiral Ackbar might have warned us, it was a trap. We did not know that Adams and his friend had a fondness for what one might call physical entertainment, and that I had been volunteered to be their punching bag for the evening. One of the organizers tried to warn Elaine but I was buzzed and having a good time and I was in no mood to leave.

Suddenly, the crowd parted and I was grabbed and I found myself staring, drink in one hand and other hand in pocket, at Robert Adams as he drew back his fist. I was barely registering that I was about to be punched when, at odds of more than 8 million to one, I was rescued. Specifically, Elaine placed herself between Adams and me. Adams showed no sign of holding his punch, but the crowd which had obviously been quite willing to watch me take it did not seem to be quite so willing to watch him whale away on a girl.

The fans pulled Adams back and the convention organizers sensibly responded by kicking Elaine and me out of the convention.
http://www.kuro5hin.org/story/2005/5/28/22428/7034
Може и да не е вярно де... не знам.

"It was an octopus, centipede, spider kind o' thing, but they was a haff-shaped man's face on top of it..."