Matt Barlow is back :)

Ми то името като че подсказва... търнокопи, хидродинамика и всякакви ортопедични приспособления...
Yan
Site Admin

Matt Barlow is back :)

Post by Yan » Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:40 pm

Но не в Iced Earth :)
MATT BARLOW SPEAKS ABOUT JOINING PYRAMAZE
14 Apr 2007 05:27:44
Topic: Band News / Source: Blabbermouth

Michael Kammeyer:

I'm very happy to finally announce our new singer. Matthew Barlow (former vocalist of the American metal band Iced Earth) will be taking over the job as Pyramaze vocalist. I've been in dialogue with Matt about his comeback for a few months now, and after we've been getting to know each other better and doing a few test demos where Matt has re-recorded a couple of our old songs, we've come to the conclusion that we are a perfect match. I've always regarded Matt as one of the very best voices in metal, and I was (as any other fan of his incredible voice) saddened by his departure from the metal scene a few years ago. Therefore I'm proud to say that Matt is back, stronger than ever, and from now on officially a part of the Pyramaze Fellowship. We are currently in a song-writing mode, and we expect to enter the studio early 2008 with Matt behind the mic. I hope and believe that old as well as new fans will welcome Matt into the Pyramaze line-up. I now leave you with these great news, and with Matt's statement below. Cheers!

M. Kammeyer / Pyramaze

Matt Barlow:

Brothers and sisters... The last time I made a statement to the metal community it was one of sorrow but certainly not one of regret.

There are people, things and experiences - once not thought possible - that I have attained in the last several years. It's an extension of friends and family that has truly made my life whole, and one that I would not jeopardize for fame and glory.

That thought in mind, I was posed an interesting proposition by a true talent in heavy metal. Honestly, I had not heard a lot about Pyramaze, when I received an e-mail from Michael. After our initial correspondence I began to realize that this was a guy that really had his head in the right place - a musician who was in music for the music. Michael spoke to me of his band - a bunch of guys who want to put out solid music but would not sacrifice their souls to attain greatness. This is by no means a slam on I.E. or any of the great musicians I have worked with in the past. It simply means that the music industry can suck you in, chew you up, and spit you out if you don't keep firmly planted on the ground. Pyramaze are working class metal heads with something to prove! Metal is what they live for but it is not their livelihood.

Needless to say, I was instantly intrigued by Michael's delivery. Especially considering the nature of my career choice of late. I wondered if Michael had really thought the courting process through. I'm sure that there are some people that never really understood my reasons for leaving the industry and certainly don't like who or what i represent in my current vocation. There is also the fact that Pyramaze has been rather stereotyped as a prog-metal act and I as Satan / Paul Stanley. What kind of crazy mixed up world is this????

Well... The way I see it... I'm in a point in my life, where I love what I do for a living and for the first time, I can support myself and my family doing it. Now for the other great thing... That's how this band thinks. There is no expectation of co-signing (under the name Mephistopheles) in order to have your record sell. The record will sell if the music is great. The music will be great, because the guys doing it, want to do it... For all the right reasons. Pyramaze has proven that!

I sense hesitation... And rightly so... After all, there are a lot of I.E. fans out there that still just don't get it. I would imagine that there are also Pyramaze fans that love what Mr. King did for this band. Hell, I love what he did for this band! I think that the guy is a true talent and feel the same about Tim Owens (that's Ripper to you!). I also feel, that in the same way I.E. fans have taken Tim into the fold, I too can find a place within the Pyramaze family. I would venture to say that Pyramaze, already unique and uncompromising, will not be placed inside of a prog-metal box once the sparks start flying.

I am really looking forward to working with Michael and the guys!!! I also look forward to hearing feedback from the brethren and sisterhood of metal.

Up from the ashes, back from the depths, when the voices have risen, fire becomes flesh!

Barlow.
Правилата на бордгейминга:
1. Всички други неща, включително храна, дрехи, застраховка за колата и пари за обяд, представляват непредвидени разходи по отношение на това, което ви е необходимо за игрите.
2. Никога не пресмятайте общата стойност на това, което сте купили.
3. Ако искате нещо, значи ви е нужно.
4. Ако ви е нужно, значи трябва да го купите.

Argaldean
Commoner

Post by Argaldean » Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:46 pm

Йей :-)
Крайно време беше. Да видим какво ще излезе де... щото всички знаем американското Homeland security на какво е способно.
"Никой не ще премине!"
"Тези, които се боят от мрака, просто не са виждали на какво е способна светлината."

Matrim

Post by Matrim » Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:19 pm

Само един въпрос - who the hell are Pyramaze? Някой ще се ангажира ли с някаакво мнение за тази група, защото аз съм твърде заинтригуван от новината.
Ridcully: "A few twenty-mile runs and the Dean'd be a different man."
Bursar: "Well, yes. He'd be dead."
Ridcully: "He'd be healthy."
Bursar: "Yes, but still dead."

Scourge
Mistborn

Post by Scourge » Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:24 pm

royal hunt ripoff са.
стандартен prog в общи линии.

а горкият мат още има главобол : /

трубадур
Elder God

Post by трубадур » Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:31 pm

Тоя пич пук го и не знам кой е. Не че от мнението ми има смислъл, ма като гледам има хора, дет се вълнуват, та се чудя и мая. Знам ги Iced Earth, имат добри неща, вокала си го бива.

Yan
Site Admin

Post by Yan » Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:39 pm

Scourge wrote:royal hunt ripoff са.
стандартен prog в общи линии.

а горкият мат още има главобол : /
Бе доста далеч от рип оф на Royal Hunt са:) Приятен прогресив с доста качествен първи албум и не лош втори.
1. Всички други неща, включително храна, дрехи, застраховка за колата и пари за обяд, представляват непредвидени разходи по отношение на това, което ви е необходимо за игрите.

Scourge
Mistborn

Post by Scourge » Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:56 pm

*shrug*
така съм ги запомнил от първия албум, а не са нещо, което заслужава да му се отделя много време за слушане. в общи линии "приятни" наистина е най-доброто, което може да се каже за тях.

едит:
абе, не.
сега специално ги турих да се въртят за проверка.
пусни си the journey от първия. припевът е тотален RH ripoff :wink:

Yan
Site Admin

Post by Yan » Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:06 pm

Бе смисъл да спорим няма:)
Приликата с Ballance of Power е най-сериозна основно заради Ланс Кинг - бившия им певец.

Самите Роял Хънт също не пращят от оригиналност, както и болшинството мелъди метъл групи за жалост:)

Scourge
Mistborn

Post by Scourge » Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:10 pm

тъй де, тъй.
както знаем всичкият рок иде от чък бери, хендрикс и бийтълс :lol:

мисълта ми беше, че очакванията ми за бъдещия резултат от съвместната им дейност с мат са ниски.

Grumpi
Sorcerer

Post by Grumpi » Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:01 pm

Добре, добре, ще видим какво ще излезе. Barlow ми е любимия вокалист на Iced Earth. Dark Saga си го въртя доста често 8-)